It’s Your Story – And We Are Here To Tell It
Scott G. Hoy
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Workers' Compensation
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
Scott G. Hoy is the owner of Hoy Trial Lawyers. He is a life-long resident of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. He received his Bachelor of Science Degree in 1981 and his Juris Doctor in 1984 at the University of South Dakota. He was admitted to the South Dakota State Bar in 1984. Between 2008 and 2010 Scott did extensive training to graduate from the Trial Lawyers College, which is run by world renowned Trial Lawyer, Gerry Spence.
Hoy Trial Lawyers is recognized by US News and World Reports as one of the best Law Firms. US News and World Report published an article featuring Hoy Trial Lawyers in September of 2009 called “Bringing Experience to the Table”.
Scott has over 30 years of experience as a trial lawyer and his accomplishments are extensive. He has tried cases in state and federal courts and with the department of labor. He has extensive appeal experience before the South Dakota Supreme Court and the Federal Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a member of the State Bar of South Dakota, Second Judicial Bar Association, South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association, Trial Lawyers College, Top 100 Lawyers, American Bar Association, American Association for Justice and the Insurance Bad Faith Trial Lawyers Association.
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Vermillion, South Dakota
- J.D. - 1984
- University of South Dakota, Vermillion, South Dakota
- South Dakota, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of South Dakota, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1989
- State Bar of South Dakota, Member
- Second Judicial Bar Association, Member
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Trial Lawyers College
- Top 100 Lawyers
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice and the Insurance Bad Faith Trial Lawyers Association.